Tuesday 26 November 2013

Bling! Bling!


So I decided to have some fun with the Leopold FC660C keyboard. Bought these keycaps second hand. It is really meant for the Topre Realforce keyboards and as you can see I did not replace all the keys. Primarily for aesthetic reasons and second, because not all the keys are an exact match.

It cost me a bomb but I really did not want to wait for shipping for a new one and it would have been slightly more expensive anyway. In any case these has never been used before and are practically brand new. So why orange? Because it's the only colour available. After putting them in, I actually liked the orange keycaps on the black chassis. My first preference was blue on black or white keycaps on black but those were not available.

Primary purpose is to replace the original black keycaps which was very hard for me to see with the black on black. Yes, yes. You are supposed to be touch typing and whether you see the keys are irrelevant but I wanted to spice things up a bit.

Now it's simply bright and colourful.

Not good for someone my age but then again who cares. I like it.

It also changes the feel while typing. I prefer the feel of the original keys. This one makes it feel more like the Topre Realforce. Actually it feels somewhere in between the original Leopold keycaps and the Topre Realforce. Still very good to type on though so it's not a deal breaker.

So there you have it.

UPDATE 1 : I think I'm slowly falling in love with this keyboard. The looks. The feel. Yes. Even the feel I'm slowly taken by. Somehow I type faster on these than on the original keys. Maybe because I can see the keys better with the orange keycaps lol. I'm starting to feel that this feels more like the original keycaps instead and not like the Realforce.

The Leopold has always been my favourite. This modification makes it even better.


No comments:

Post a Comment